Saturday, March 15, 2014
2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Gain rare, exclusive access to UCLA Research Library’s extraordinary Egyptian Special Collection.
- See and touch priceless documents, spectacular art and unique artifacts from Ancient Egypt and the Near East.
- Apply for a free UCLA Library card, and learn how to use the Library for your own research.
- Hear presentations from UCLA Egyptology graduate students about their latest research.
- Enjoy a delicious array of refreshments, including champagne, hors d’oeurves and sweets.
- Participate in a silent auction of Egyptian-themed books and items.
- The UCLA Library Event will be followed by lectures from two UCLA Egyptology graduate
students: Carrie Arbuckle on “Petrie's Tip-Cats: The Biography of a Pointed Stick” and
Rachel Moy (topic TBA) at 5:00pm in the UCLA Humanities Building at no extra charge.
containing map and directions
Location: Presentation Room, Second Floor,
UCLA Research Library, North Campus, Los Angeles 90095 Google map
Parking: Structure 5 on Royce Drive, south of Sunset Blvd., just west of the Library
Questions? Send us an email here.
Tickets: $25.00 per person
(online purchase adds $.87 Paypal processing fee)
- All ticket sales are final.
- Due to the exclusivity of this event, there will be no ticket sales at the door.
- We offer two ways to purchase tickets:
1. Order online via secure Paypal:
Be sure to print the email receipt for your ticket(s) and present it at the event.
2. Order by check or money order:
Mail your name, address and number of tickets with check or money order payable to EEO/SC
Tickets will be mailed to you prior to event.